Coconut Cream Cake

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Roaring Twenties Party

Ahh... the Twenties. When it was acceptable to wear a feather boa,fringe, and pearls head to toe. I decided that to celebrate the start of my last year in my Twenties I should have a party worthy of the decade. My friends Shelly and Jill decided to join and we would have a joint birthday party! We planned the event at a bar that had a private room(bonus for the exposed brick).

The Twenties


 
As far as planning we reserved the room made invitations to send out via email and facebook.  The invite had art deco accents and black lace. The fun part was making a cupcake stand. I found directions on Shanty 2 Chic My friend Shelly had her husband construct the tower and I painted the tower. I love to paint! And this stand will be useful at other parties!
 
 
 
 
The cupcake wrappers came from Outside the Desert Box and the cupcakes from Whole Foods.
 
 
 
 
The headbands were so fun to make. I used feathers, flowers, lace, and old earrings(or cheap ones from Rue 21).
 
 
 
 
 
The three birthday girls! The twenties theme was a great way to celebrate! I expect to see more Twenties inspiration with the upcoming release of The Great Gatsby.



No comments:

Post a Comment